About John Buchanan
John Buchanan is an experienced criminal lawyer who has been practicing exclusively in the area of criminal law for over 30 years. My office is located in Vancouver, BC and I represent individuals charged with criminal offences including:
- Assault (all assault charges including domestic and spousal;
- Production of Marijuana and all drug charges, including possession for the purpose of trafficking and trafficking in controlled drugs and substances;
- Fraud, theft, all shoplifting charges and breach of trust offences including theft from an employer
- Communicating (for the purpose of prostitution); and
- in criminal charges from other jurisdictions in British Columbia and other provinces in Canada.
A criminal record of any kind can remove or restrict your right to travel outside Canada (particularly to the United States) and it can effect your ability to secure future employment opportunities and may even jeopardize your current employment. Even if you wish to plead guilty, it is possible to avoid a criminal record.